Feb 14, 2013, 11:04 AM EDT
I’m sure you’ve heard of the Harlem Shake…it’s been around since the ’80′s …but there’s a new version of the shoulder shimmying dance taking the internet by storm right now and it’s gone about as viral as “Gangnam Style.”
This new edition of the Harlem Shake has come about with the release of DJ Baauer’s “Harlem Shake” beats. There really isn’t much to it, which is obviously why so many groups of people have taken it upon themselves to make their own YouTube renditions…
Basically, all you need is Baauer’s beats, a helmet or mask, and a group of uncoordinated people.
Case & point..Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon Harlem Shake Video
So this is how it goes..when the music starts, so does the pelvic thrusting and hip shaking of the masked/helmeted person. When the bass drops, everyone around this person starts “Harlem Shaking”… aka flailing around like crazy people. There is no rhyme or reason to any of it and it lasts for like 30 seconds. Short and sweet …and weird.
We were trying to hold out, but the Harlem Globetrotters stopped by, so that was that…
Low and behold…The Crossover’s version of The 2013 Harlem Shake…
- Hey tweeps, thanks for all the daily #hashtag fun... Be sure to keep watching NBCSN for all your sports news & entertainment- 6 months ago
- Saaaaaailing takes us awaaaaay from where we always wannnnted to be (aka M-F 5PM ET on NBCSN) .. We'll be back when the Cup is won.- 7 months ago
- Hey sailing... We're really happy for you... And we're gonna let you finish.. But #TheCrossover needs it's air-time back ASAP- 7 months ago
- RT @MichelleDBeadle: Pregame shows vs red carpet coverage. Discuss #emmys- 7 months ago
- Sailing + weather issues = #TheCrossover will return Monday 5PM ET #WeMissUToo- 7 months ago